What is it?
The DataFirst Open Data portal gives researchers access to high-quality disaggregated data (microdata) from studies conducted in African countries.
- Microdata from over 400 studies
- Detailed study descriptions and meta-data
- From poverty, education and elections to telecommunications
Why is it Important?
By sharing study microdata, this portal helps to increase data reuse and uptake in government planning, and enables peer verification of research data.
How can it be accessed and used?
The DataFirst catalogue supports browsing and searching for specific studies or datasets. In each dataset the following information is provided:
- Documentation on the questionnaires, technical documents and reports that describe the survey process and the key results for this study.
- Study description including country, study type, changes to the dataset, geographic coverage, data collection universe, producers and funders.
- Data description including variable names and labels.
- Related publications using the data.
South Africa - National Income Dynamics Study 2017, Wave 5 (zaf-saldru-nids-2017-v1.0.0)
South Africa - SNAP Survey of Ordinary Schools 1997-2016
- service delivery
- social services