What is it?
The Commission on the Restitution of Land Rights (CRLR) annual reports contains tables related to the land restitution process. This includes land claims lodged, researched, finalised, settled.
- Aggregate data by year and province
- Information on individual land claims
- Claim location, hectares, value and type
- Data extracted from annual reports for 2012-2017
Why is it Important?
The processing of land claims is important for ensuring restitution of the right to land or equitable redress. The data on land claims from the CRLR annual reports gives an indication of how well this process has worked in different provinces.
How can it be accessed and used?
Land restitution performance data is reviewed once a year in the CRLR annual reports. The data is spread across numerous tables of different types such as:
- National performance per quarter for that financial year including number of beneficiaries, hectares awarded, financial compensation.
- List of settled claims in each province for that financial year including claim name, claim type, hectares awarded, total award cost, type of award (financial compensation vs. land restoration).
Users of this data may also be interested in data related to Land Claims Court Judgments, notices of land claims published in the Government Gazette, the DeedsWeb, the Phase 1 State Land Audit and the Chief Surveyor Cadastral Spatial Data Viewer.
Performance per Quarter: 2016-2017 - Number of beneficiaries and hectares awarded
2016/17 Free State Summary: Finalised restitution claims for the Period: 01 April 2016 - 31 March 2017
Resource contact name:Commission on Restitution of Land Rights
Creation or start date:2018-12-10
Resource contact updated at:2018-12-14
Spatial coverage South Africa http://www.geonames.org/953987/south-africa.html
Where else has the resource been used?
|2018||Legal land battle looms for Pretoria East|
|2016||Diagnostic Report on Land Reform in South Africa: Land Restitution|
|2015||Land claims: Some of the good news and the lay of the land|