What is it?
SAFLII publishes legal information for free public access which comprises mainly of case law and legislation from South Africa, but also legal materials from other countries in Africa.
- Judgments from high courts across South Africa
- Judgments from various other courts including Constitutional Court
- Includes some national legislation
- Many texts in HTML with hyperlinks to related or repealed content
Why is it Important?
When people need to access case law or legislation it is often difficult to find or needs to be paid for, which places unnecessary limits on who is able to interpret and use legal information. This resource aims to make legal information available online, in more accessible formats, for free, for everyone.
How can it be accessed and used?
A user of the SAFLII website can locate case law or legislation in two main ways:
- By clicking on 'Databases' and browsing the different data sources by country and court/ category.
- By clicking on 'Search' then selecting all databases or a specific database and specifying a search term.
National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act
National Ambient Air Quality Standards
Resource contact name:Southern African Legal Information Institute (SAFLII)
Creation or start date:2018-12-07
Resource contact updated at:2018-12-14
Spatial coverage South Africa http://www.geonames.org/953987/south-africa.html
Where else has the resource been used?
|2018||Gabriella Engels vs SA govt & Grace Mugabe: High Court Judgment|
|2018||ConCourt ruling on Bathabile Dlamini and the legal fees|
|2017||Anti-Money Laundering Initiatives for the South African Real Estate Market|