Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) Enterprise SearchTheme: Economy Date Added: 2018-11-21
What is it?
The CIPC eServices website enables public users to search the name, registration number and directors of all registered companies in South Africa, and to register and manage their own business activities.
- Search on company name or registration number
- Search on director ID number and surname
- Can only search and view a single company record at a time
- Register and maintain company details online
Why is it Important?
The CIPC eServices website ensures there is transparency within the private sector by making company information available to unregistered public users. This means that anyone can verify the directors, address or operating status of any company anonymously. Company administrators can also update details easily using the online system.
How can it be accessed and used?
On the left side of the CIPC eServices website you can do a:
- Name search: Enter part or all of the name of the company you are interested in. For example, searching for "Anglo American" will list the enterprise registration numbers for over 25 different companies that have this text in their name.
- Enterprise number search: Enter the complete number of the enterprise you are interested in. For example, searching on 1946/022452/06 (the registration number of Anglo American Platinum) will show the Enterprise Type (as Public Company), Enterprise Status (as In Business), Physical Address, Registered Directors/ Members (including part of their ID number, name, surname and status).
- ID number and surname search: Enter the complete ID number and surname of a director you are interested in. The search will show you any companies that the person is (or has been) a director in.
- intellectual property
Resource contact name:Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
Creation or start date:2018-11-21
Resource contact updated at:2018-12-14
Spatial coverage South Africa http://www.geonames.org/953987/south-africa.html