What is it?
Auditor-General South Africa (AGSA) provides detailed results for audits conducted on on all government departments, public entities, municipalities and public institutions.
- Annual MFMA, PFMA and special reports
- Audit outcomes and controls
- Financial health and supply chain management
- Detailed results data available as XLSX annexures
Why is it Important?
AGSA performs financial and performance audits (or checks) on all public entities in South Africa to ensure that your taxes are being used correctly, and in a way that impacts the lives of our people. This is critical for reducing wasteful spending and preventing corruption.
How can it be accessed and used?
There are three report sections and associated datasets on the AGSA reporting page.
- PFMA section contains audit reports on the financial and performance management of national and provincial departments and public entities.
- MFMA section, contains similar for municipal entities, including district and metropolitan municipalities.
- Special Audit Reports section contains information on ad-hoc investigations.
In each section, the reports analyse the aggregate audit findings, but you can view the underlying results published in Annexures as XLSX spreadsheets.
Once you have looked at the reports or detailed findings, you may want to compare different provinces or municipalities, or follow audit trends over 3 or 5 years to see whether performance is improving or getting worse. You can also see how audit findings relate to income and expenditure information for your local government through Municipal Money or raise issues with your councillor or MP through People's Assembly.
PFMA 2016 - 2017 (Provincial and National Entities)
MFMA 2016 - 2017 (Municipal Entities)
Resource contact name:Auditor-General South Africa (AGSA)
Creation or start date:2018-11-20
Resource contact updated at:2018-12-14
Spatial coverage South Africa http://www.geonames.org/953987/south-africa.html